Meet Our Staff
David B Schwartz, DDS, DDM
Dr. David B. Schwartz, DDS, has been a practicing dentist since 1988, and has been in sole practice since 1992.
In addition to practicing general dentistry, Dr. Schwartz is one of the nation’s foremost experts on dental sleep, the use of oral appliances to treat patients with sleep apnea. In that role, he is Dental Director with the Center for Sleep Medicine. He is one of only 250 dentists in the country to be awarded the designation of Diplomate of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and is also a frequent lecturer on dental sleep.
Education and Designations
DDS-University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry
B.S. Dentistry -University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry
B.A. Biology-Indiana University Bloomington, Indiana
American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine-Diplomate
- “Eenie, Meenie Minie, Moe: Selecting an Appropriate Appliance for your Patients”, Dental Sleep Practice -Summer of 2015
- “Sleep Medicine Care under one Roof: A proposed Model for Integrating Dentistry and Medicine” Sunil Sharma MD, Greg Essick DDS, PhD, David Schwartz DDS and Amy J. Aronsky DO- Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine 2013
- The Team Approach to Esthetics in Endosseous Root Form Single Crown Restorations-Post Graduate Series Dental Learning Systems Volume1, Number1
- ADA-Annual Meeting 2015 “Introduction to Dental Sleep Medicine”
- North Suburban Branch CDS- “Intro to Dental Sleep in a General Dental Practice”-2014
- Board Review Course AADSM -2013-2014
- Chicago Academy of Dental Research-2013-“Dental Sleep Medicine Introductory Course”
- Michigan Avenue Study Club-2013- “A Review of Dental Sleep Medicine”
- Sleep Review Magazine- Featured Dental Sleep Expert for 2012
- Somnomed Elite Academy Lecture-Dallas Texas, June 2012
- Somnomed Academy, Orlando FL, March 2012- Introductory Course on Integrating Dental Sleep into a General Dental Office
- Somnomed Academy, New York, New York Greater New York Dental Meeting November 2011 Introductory and Advanced Courses on Dental Sleep Medicine
- Somnomed Academy- Chicago Illinois August 2011 –Introductory Course “Incorporating Dental Sleep in to your General Dental Practice”
- Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine-2011 Advanced Course-
- “Dental Sleep Medicine, Its role in an Existing Sleep center’s protocol”.
- Chicago Dental Society Midwinter Meeting 2011-Incorporating Dental Sleep Medicine into your practice
- LVI Chicago Study Club-Introduction to Dental Sleep Medicine-Spring 2009
- North Shore Periodontics Study Club -Introduction to Dental Sleep Medicine-October 2008
- Northwest Indiana Dental Society- A Review Of Dental Sleep Medicine-Spring 2008
- Itamar Medical- Chicago Introductory Course- A review in Dental Sleep Medicine and Integrating Ambulatory Polysomnography (Watch-Pat) into general dental practice. Summer 2008
- Northshore Hospital AWAKE- Review of Oral Appliances for the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea- Spring 2008
- Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine annual meeting-Marketing the Dental Sleep Medicine Practice Using the Somnomed MAS- June 2007
- The Somnomed MAS a new Mandibular advancement device for the treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Presentation to the Orthodontic Association of America -2006
- Titration of Oral Appliances- The technical side of adjustments during Polysomnography-May 2010
- Robert Mathys Foundation-HaTi Dental Implant System General lecture series 1993-1997
- The Team Approach to Esthetics in Endosseous Root Form Single Crown Restorations-Post Graduate Series Dental Learning Systems Volume1, Number1 1993
Indiana University Department of Genetics- Isolation of Plasmid DNA
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine-
- Director at Large
- Professional Relations Committee
- Insurance Reimbursement Committee
- National Sleep Foundation
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
American Sleep Foundation
Dr. Arielle Wulfsohn
It is with great excitement that we announce the addition of Dr. Arielle Wulfsohn to our practice.
As many of you know the standards we set are pretty high and patient care is of the utmost concern. Her leadership skills and demonstration of great communication during her dental school career represent a strong commitment to her profession.
Dr. Arielle Wulfsohn was born and raised in Glenview, so she is very excited to be working in an area she calls home. She completed her bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a major in psychology and a minor in chemistry. Following this, Dr. Wulfsohn completed her dental training at Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine, where she earned her Doctor of Medical Dentistry degree. While there, she was the founder and president of The Alpha Omega dental fraternity.
Arielle enjoys traveling, painting, and spending time with her her friends and family, especially her little nieces and nephew. We are excited to welcome her to our family and hope you have the opportunity to meet her and enjoy her infectious smile and friendly demeanor.
"Hi. I’m Mary Ann and I have been the office manager since 1989. I can help you make appointments, as well as answer any question you have regarding insurance , financing and other business questions. I look forward to seeing you."
“I have been one of Dr. Schwartz's hygienists since 2003. I enjoy working with people, especially when I know I am able to help them achieve good oral health. I enjoy meeting new people and having the opportunity to maintain healthy, clean smiles. I strive to learn the advanced techniques to improve my skills as a hygienist.”
“Hi. I’m Karyn. I have been in this office since 2007. Providing the best oral care possible is my goal for each and every patient. I love to laugh and joke with my patients, but I also like to educate them and provide information about maintaining a healthy smile. I look forward to meeting you soon!”
“Hi. My name is Maria. I joined the team in 2005 but I have more than 20 years of experience assisting in all areas of dentistry. I'm a very compassionate individual and throughout my experience I have learned a lot about helping patients overcome their dental fears. I am passionate about what I do. I look forward to meeting you soon!”
“Hello, my name is Ursula and I have been in this office since 2007. It's important to me that patients feel comfortable in our office, so I may grab you a blanket, walk you through your treatment plan or just have a casual conversation. I strive to ensure our patients receive the best care while at their appointments by giving them the best experience possible.”